DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Wednesday, April 18, 2012

3 week Goal Review

DAY 22 ~ WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012

I mentioned some goals in this post and this postSo... how am I doing?  Let's see:


  • I'm still drinking a lot of water, but I've slacked off some the last few days.  Need to get back on track.
  • I haven't used artificial sweeteners in over 3 weeks!  This has by far been the best change I have made!  I have had sweets a few times, but I count them on one hand (3 times actually!).  I hardly crave any sweets anymore!
  • I quit using my fitness pal, so I have no idea how many grams of fiber or protein I am eating.  I know I am getting more fiber though, because I am eating several servings of fruits and veggies a day :)
  • I have only purchased grass-fed beef in the last 3 weeks.  This one is easy.  Even Hubby says he doesn't ever want me to buy meat at the grocery store again!
  • I have tried SEVERAL new foods in the last few weeks, including:
  • I have avoided eating almost any processed foods.  Other than ketchup, mustard, mayo and ranch dressing.  I do plan to make my own mayo and ranch dressing eventually...
  • I have had hardly any grains.  I had chips at the mexican resturaunt twice and fried pickles once.  I think that about sums up my grain consumption over the last few weeks.
  • I have reduced my dairy intake to cheese once or twice a week.  No milk, no yogurt...
  • I bought my first jar of ORGANIC coconut oil! 
  • I bought my first few dozen cage-free eggs and even a package of cage-free, hormone-free chicken breasts!
  • I've been reading a lot of material and purchased a lot of paleo cookbooks.  Also, joined a local paleo/zone recipe sharing group on fb!
  • Been buying more organic food/produce.
What do I still need to work on?

  • trying more new veggies
  • getting the courage to go gluten free for 21 days (my doc says it's the best way to see if I have a sensitivity or not)
  • pushing my self when I run or workout.  I think I did a good job of that here, but I need to do that more often!  Like at least 3 times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment