DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New Recipes

Day 15 ~ Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I've tried 2 new recipes!  Last night with our grass fed beef brats on the grill, we had Mashed Cauliflower from The Paleo Mom.  Neither one of us was impressed with it, BUT... in it's defense, I didn't use "traditional chicken broth" (more on that in a minute*) and I forgot to drain it before I started mashing it!  So... I will try it again.  But not for a while. :) 

I also made the blueberry cucumber smoothie from yesterday's post this morning.  It was a little too "cucumbery" and it made A LOT.  I added about tablespoon of honey to sweeten it up (I DID taste it first to see if it even needed it).  I will probably make this again, but with only one cucumber which will reduce the cucumber taste and the overall amount of smoothie that it makes.  It was very "refreshing" and would be perfect on a hot summer day.

*About my chicken "broth".  I often buy those little 5lb chickens when they are on sale and toss them in the crockpot.  It's really simple, just clean the chicken, season it and toss it in.  You don't have to add anything to the crockpot with it (although sometimes I throw carrots and celery in just for fun!)  The chicken is always moist and delicious.  This leave about 2 cups of liquid (chicken juice?) in the crockpot which I sometimes use to make soup or gravy.  Last time I just poured it into a plastic dish with a lid and froze it for later use.  This is what I used in our Mashed Cauliflower last night. 

Tonight I'm putting a new twist on an old favorite!  Will post pix and recipe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment