DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Experiments

Day 6 ~ Sunday, April 1
Today I made my first frittata. I used bacon & Spinach and being a girl who was born and raised in the dairy state, I topped it with cheddar cheese. My husband turned his nose up when I told him what I was making. He even said that "eggs and spinach don't go together". He liked it. :)

I could not for the life of me get this photo to rotate.  So, cock your head to the right when viewing it, please :p

I also made my own vinnegarette dressing. It's a little sweet and "wangy" for my taste, but I can blend in nore ingredients before I use it again.  I purchased organic extra virgin olive oil and organic balsamic vinegar and added some other items that I had in the kitchen using this recipe.

Yesterday we went to a movie. I am a sucker for movie theater popcorn and I didn't resist. I did, however, forgo the soda for a bottle of water! Go me! Also, on the way to the theater, Hubby drove through Dairy Queen and got ice cream. I resisted :). I am also making a double batch of cake pops this week. So far I have baked the cakes, blended them with frosting and not tasted a single bit of it! Not even a lick off my fingers. I really think that not using artificial sweeteners has given me more will power over sweets. And it hasn't even been a week yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment