DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Tuesday, April 3, 2012

First Week!

So, yesterday marks a week since "day 1".  It's not a week of me eating "strict paleo", but it's a week of me educating myself more, and making big strides to be "more paleo".  Through my research I have found that what it means to be "paleo" differs from person to person to person.  So this blog should be called "My Path to MY Paleo" :)

Here are a few things I would like to note (and some I just want to brag about):

  • After only a few days of not consuming artificial sweeteners, I have NO sugar cravings.  Trust me, I've been tested!  I made an entire batch of cake pops without so much as licking my fingers!  I am still eating some sweet foods, such as fruits, berries and honey, but I don't crave anything sweet!  This is AWESOME!
  • This born-and-raised-in-the-dairy-state girl left the cheese off of her burger last night (and the bun of course)!  I am still on the fence about whether to include dairy in my diet or not.  Some people say they have seen the best results without it and others are "paleo plus dairy".  I will see...  Either way, the grass fed beef that I have been getting is so damned tasty, it needs no cheese!
  • I did add a tablespoon of this amazing local honey that I got to my smoothie yesterday and it was delish.  If you look closely at the photo of the ingredients in the blender, you might be able to see the golden deliciousness of the honey...

No comments:

Post a Comment