DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Monday, April 16, 2012

Paleo Zucchini Bread



I made a ton of great paleo recipes this weekend.  I will feature one every day this week.  The one I am most proud of is the paleo zucchini bread that I made for my hubby.  Of course, he wasn't thrilled with it.  It's definitely NOT your grandmother's zucchini bread, but I really liked it.  Some other people that tried it said it tasted like gingerbread.  One paleo said she didn't like, she loved it! :)  It's very moist and tastes great by itself or slathered in butter!
I started with a med. size zucchini and my shredder
(still need to purchase a food processor)
This is what it looks like shredded (using the smaller end of the shredder)

all the wet ingredients
The coconut oil kept wanting to turn solid.  No matter how
much I mixed and whisked!

dry ingredients mixed
after mixing dry ingredients with wet ingredients
(see the lumps of coconut oil???!!!)
ready to go in the oven!











ready to eat!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment