In a previous post called Introduction, I showed off my fancy pie chart in My Fitness Pal and talked about percentages of calories from fat, carbs & protein. I should mention, those guidelines are more Zone Diet, than Paleo. Most Paleos don't count calories (or carbs...etc.). I did find one guideline that states that you should eat a gram of protein for every pound that you weigh (daily). I also found something stating that about 75% of your daily carlories should be fat. So... I should probably just throw away My Fitness Pal and just EAT. Or I might go crazy trying to "eat right"! I still have an addiction to my scale and will probably continue to use My Fitness Pal as a "food journal" so that I can see where I am making improvements...etc.
In yesterday's post I mentioned that everyone's interpretation of Paleo is different. So here's what paleo means to me (Right now, my views/opinions are subject to change!):
- It means eating whole, natural, unprocessed foods of a high quality, rather than processed, unnatural, low quality foods.
- It means not drinking "crap". In other words, no soda, sugared teas, fruit juices (other than the occasional organic stuff), and limiting my alcohol intake (special occassions only!)
- It means knowing about and caring about where my food comes from.
- It means trying new vegetables and fruits often!
- It means eating so that I feel good and have optimum health.
ps... I had a teeny tiny bit of brown sugar today! I was dying for some oatmeal... :)