DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Reflections and Corrections

Day 9 ~ Wednesday, April 4

In a previous post called Introduction, I showed off my fancy pie chart in My Fitness Pal and talked about percentages of calories from fat, carbs & protein.  I should mention, those guidelines are more Zone Diet, than Paleo.  Most Paleos don't count calories (or carbs...etc.).  I did find one guideline that states that you should eat a gram of protein for every pound that you weigh (daily).  I also found something stating that about 75% of your daily carlories should be fat.  So... I should probably just throw away My Fitness Pal and just EAT.  Or I might go crazy trying to "eat right"!  I still have an addiction to my scale and will probably continue to use My Fitness Pal as a "food journal" so that I can see where I am making improvements...etc.

In yesterday's post I mentioned that everyone's interpretation of Paleo is different.  So here's what paleo means to me (Right now, my views/opinions are subject to change!):

  • It means eating whole, natural, unprocessed foods of a high quality, rather than processed, unnatural, low quality foods.
  • It means not drinking "crap".  In other words, no soda, sugared teas, fruit juices (other than the occasional organic stuff), and limiting my alcohol intake (special occassions only!)
  • It means knowing about and caring about where my food comes from.
  • It means trying new vegetables and fruits often!
  • It means eating so that I feel good and have optimum health.

ps... I had a teeny tiny bit of brown sugar today!  I was dying for some oatmeal... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment