DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Thursday, April 12, 2012

UPDATED! almost paleo burritos

UPDATED TO INCLUDE NEW RECIPE FOR TACO SEASONING!

Dinner last night looked like this...
...and tasted AH-MAZING!

Before Paleo our burritos would consist of:
ground turkey (store bought)
Black beans or Refried beans
cheese (lots of it!)
onions
taco seasoning
Xtreme Wellnes High Fiber/Low Carb tortilla shells
reduced fat sour cream
if we used refried beans, we would have chips and dip them!

After Paleo:
grass fed ground beef
black beans (technically not paleo, but I had a can left to use up)
burrito seasoning packet (technically not paleo, but I had a packet left to use up)
onions
tomatoes
green peppers
Wholly Guacamole
Living Lettuce (Butter) Leaves
Small amount of shredded cheese (debatably paleo?)
shredded lettuce for the salad

We're having leftovers tonight! :)
Next time I make these, I will leave out the beans (and possibly the cheese) and make my own seasoning using this recipe!.


No comments:

Post a Comment