DAY 2 Wednesday, March 28, 2012
I tried coconut milk in my smoothie this morning in place of my whole farm fresh moo milk. YUCK! It tastes like coconutL. I will finish the half gallon because I paid for it, but I will try Almond milk next.
Things I feel I am doing right:
· Drinking at least 8 cups of water a day (I fill my jug up at work in the morning and finish it before I leave for the day). I also try to drink a cup or two of filtered water first thing in the morning.
· Avoiding sugary foods and artificial sweeteners
· Getting more fiber
· Buying grass-fed beef (yum!)
· Using coconut oil
· Using My Fitness Pal to track everything that I eat & drink (I highly recommend some sort of “food diary” for anyone who wants to make healthy changes!)
· Trying new foods
· Avoiding processed foods (although I still have a ways to go on this)
Things I still need to work on:
· Omitting grains all together. I still “cheat” and occasionally have a wrap or whole grain pasta. I want to go grain-free for 30 days, but I think I need to experiment with making my own grain-free sauces, seasonings and marinades first. I want to be totally prepared so that I don’t “cheat”.
· Omitting (or reducing) dairy
· Buying ORGANIC coconut oil
· Buy cage free chicken & eggs
· Eating more veggies
· Educating myself. I need to finish reading the 30 Day Total Transformation and read other material as well.
· Omitting processed foods altogether.
· Finding, buying and eating more organic food (being able to pronounce and understand EVERY ingredient on the label of my peanut butter, for example)
*I tried guacamole today at lunch!!!!!!!!!!!! J