DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Friday, May 4, 2012

Recipe FAIL




Last time I made almost paleo burritos, I vowed that the next time I made them, they'd be totally paleo.  I made my own taco seasoning using this recipe from http://cavemanfood.blogspot.com/.  The seasoning smelled amazing!  Just like the "real" thing (the stuff you pay 59 cents for a little packet of at the grocery store).  I was so excited!  I had 1lb of grass fed ground beef thawed and 1lb of ground venison.  I decided to mix them together and made a double batch of taco meat!  YUM!

...except the meat had NO flavor!  I used more than enough of the seasoning and even added more.  What did I do wrong?!  I guess I'll go back to buying the processed stuff.  Or perhaps I can find some that's natural AND tastes good?  In the meantime, I plan to use the leftover "seasoned" meat to make chili this weekend.  With beans (not paleo).   I have several cans of beans to use up and I don't think eating beans once in a while will kill me.  I won't buy anymore, but I can't waste them.  Remember... I'm transitioning!  


I'm excited to visit the fresh, wild-caught fish vendor at the FM again today!  Hubs requested cod!

No comments:

Post a Comment