DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bacon Chicken! (and sugar free for 21 days)



I made this amazing recipe from Paleo Parents.  I left the sprig of rosemary out and my little birdie (about 4-1/2 lbs) couldn't hold an entire onion, but I crammed as much in as I could!

It turned out amazing!  The leftovers were real good too! It did take my chicken almost 2 hours (rather than the 90 minutes in the recipe).  I used a meat thermometer to be sure it was done!


As a sidenote, my friend Brittany (who is a carb/sugar-aholic) and I have made a 21 day Sugar-Free pact.  No sugar (except from fruit) until Memorial Day.  I'll post throughout the 21 days to let everyone know how we're doing.  I realize that the benefits would be exponentially better if we didn't eat any carbs at all (other than from veggies), but she's not ready for that commitment and I know we'll see benefits either way!  This post regarding the dangers of sugar showed up in my FB news feed on Day 1.  Coincidence?  I think not...

No comments:

Post a Comment