DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Breakfast!



I made these little gems twice now.  I updated the recipe slightly the second time.  I put the peppers in my cast iron pan (on medium heat) with a little coconut oil for grease.  I put a lid on it and let the pepper cook 3-5 minutes alone.  Then I flipped the peppers, lowered the heat (to about 2 on my electric stove) and added the eggs.  I put the lid on and let them cook until the eggs reached the desired doneness.  They were much better this time because the pepper was more cooked, but still crispy!

*I have only 13 days left of no sugar.  I have resisted many a sweet treat over the last week.  I have still had small amounts of sugar (think honey mustard dressing on my sandwich, or a glass of wine), but no "sweets" (cake, pie, candy, ice cream...etc.).  I'm looking forward to having some kind of treat on or after Memorial Day, but I don't think I'll go crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment