DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Twice Baked Sweet Potato!


If you ask my mother what my favorite meal that she makes is, she'd probably say her famous Twice Baked Potatoes made with ham, cheese, garlic and love!  So, when I stumbled across this recipe for twice baked sweet potatoes from Strictly Paleo...ish!, I couldn't resist giving it a try!  I chose cream cheese, shredded cheese blend, green onions and bacon for my fillers.  I went ahead and baked them on Sunday night while I had the oven on for baking my hubby's cod.  After they cooled, I scooped the guts out and put them in a container in the fridge.  I put the shells in a separate container.  I also opted to finish them on the grill since I was already firing it up for our steaks.  I left them on with the lid down for 8 minutes (the cheese on top was getting "melty" already) and then I cooked our steaks for about 7-1/2 minutes with the top up.  I closed the lid and left the potatoes on for about 2-3 more minutes after that.
All the ingredients ready to go!

4 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled
2 oz of regular cream cheese
1/2 of a bunch of green onions
1/4 C. shredded cheese
S&P
All mixed up and ready to go in the shells!

No comments:

Post a Comment