DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Paleo Pancakes

We had breakfast for dinner last night (my favorite!)  My husband love, love, LOVES pancakes.  So, I made paleo pancakes using this recipe.  They were really good!  They have a nuttier flavor than your typical pancakes do, but they have the same texture.  I really love how the coconut flour is compared to wheat flour in this post by paleo spirit.

We topped our pancakes with a little butter and pure Wisconsin maple syrup (thanks Dad!).  We had bacon, eggs and some homemade hash browns on the side.  Some may argue that hash browns aren't paleo.  But they are in my house!  We don't eat potatoes every day (or even every week) and normally, when we do, they are sweet potatoes.  It's a rare occasion that we have "white potatoes" in the house, so I used the occasion to make one of our favorite dishes to have with eggs!

I made these in my cast iron frying pan with coconut oil.  Next time, I think I'll use my griddle so that I can save my expensive coconut oil and also make the whole batch at one time!




No comments:

Post a Comment