DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Whole30 v2.0

I know y'all (all 2 of you) missed me while I was gone!  Our vacation was wonderful and we had a great time visiting family & friends that we hadn't seen in years!  We off-roaded a little bit, but definitely ate/drank better than we normally would have.  I had a few bites of some sweet treats and some alcoholic beverages and Husband had a lot of alcoholic beverages, which caused his joints to start aching again after a month of feeling much better!  So, today we start our Whole30 v2.0.  We are putting our own spin on this one.  It will be the same as our first except that Husband plans to continue using his pre-workout mix and we agreed to use bacon (nitrate/nitrite free from the farmer's market).  We're both looking forward to feeling our best again and we have some friends joining us for this one :)

Several friends and family members inquired about our dietary changes while we were in Wisconsin.  It was great to have everyone wanting more information and being interested in trying it themselves!  I've already sent The Book to my mother and a good friend.  My chiropractor has my copy right now and I'm thinking of buying myself a second copy.

I got my bloodwork results back (post-Whole30).  There wasn't a whole lot that needed improving, but here's a direct quote from Doctor: "Your numbers would be hard to improve on" .  That made me smile.  I plan to take his advice and try some probiotics.

When we came home from vacation, I immediately headed to the farmers market and the grocery store.  I made a batch of mayo and a batch of ranch dressing/dip.  I made a large batch of chicken salad (using homemade mayo, chicken breasts, green grapes, pecans and S&P).  Then on Sunday I made Crockpot Cabbage Rolls, Chicken soup (with my homemade bone broth!) and deviled eggs.  I burned up our blender before vacation, so I bought a food processor at Walmart for $29.99.  It came with a 2-year warranty, so I figure if it burns up in 2 years, I get it replaced.  If not, it was worth the money!

Here's a recipe that I found in a magazine. I apologize for the crappy picture quality, but I thought this looked like a fun, fresh salad to make!


No comments:

Post a Comment