DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 24 - Is it Really that Difficult?

I cringe when people say that it's hard to eat healthy.  I shouldn't cringe because I've been there, I've said that.  But, after 24 days of the Whole30, I don't really think it's very hard.  In fact, I think it's mostly easy!  There have been some difficulties, I admit.  And I do wonder if I would find this "easy" if I wasn't doing the Whole30 and didn't have that to make all my decisions for me.  I guess we'll find out next week if its really as easy I think it is.  One thing I am sure of, I am honestly enjoying my meals (almost all of them!) and I don't feel deprived or hungry at all.  

One thing that I know for a fact that is making this easier is pre-planning and pre-cooking our meals.  It's been the biggest lesson for me.  Husband and I get excited while planning our meals for the next week and we really enjoy cooking together on Sundays.  This was NOT a normal part of our marriage prior to Whole30.  He rarely ever helped cook before.  So, Whole30 has even made my marriage more enjoyable!  

Another thing that has made it easy is having my husband and a co-worker do it with me.  The support has been amazing and has really made this a fun experience for all of us!

So, if you've been thinking about doing a Whole30, but thought of the reasons not to (it's too hard, my family won't join me, I can't imagine giving up _______....etc.), please know that all the anxiety of doing it is by far the worst part!  Once you get started, you'll wonder what all of that worrying was even for!

I'll leave you with this blogpost from Ordinary Contradictions.  I love her take on connecting with her food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment