DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Freedom!

I bet most of you are thinking that I'm referring to freedom from the bounds of the Whole30 diet, but you couldn't be more wrong.  I'm talking about the freedom to eat good fricken awesome food and not feel even a tinge of guilt.  That's what the Whole30 did for me.  It gave me the freedom to eat amazing food and never, ever feel guilty.  It gave me the freedom to eat without measuring, counting or tracking.  It gave me the freedom to eat meals (and sometimes snacks) without feeling bloated or tired.  

So we got our scale back from the neighbor :)  

Husband lost 22 POUNDS!  That's a whopping 8% of his pre-whole30 body weight.  It's too bad that he didn't have a body fat analysis done, because he's been CrossFitting this whole time and probably lost more than 8% body fat.  I'm so proud of him and I know he's feeling great!

I lost 8lbs (6% of my weight).  I weigh the same now as I did when I hit my WW goal 4 years ago.  The important thing for me is to not let the weight fat creep back on.  I think I have all the tools to ride my own bike.  My head is definitely in the right place for total and permanent lifestyle change (I knew long before I hit my WW goal that counting points would NOT be a permanent lifestyle change for me).  I also plan to join my local CrossFit gym next month and start my running season in a few weeks.  Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment