DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Thursday, August 9, 2012

Riding my Own Bike

Yesterday I was riding my own bike for the first time!  So, what did I do?  I kept my training wheels on for the most part.  For dinner I had a Jimmy Johns Unwich with Turkey, tomato, cucumbers, guacamole, mayo and ....CHEESE!  I figured I could make dairy my first reintroduction.  Although, I didn't reintroduce it like the program suggests (eat it at all 3 meals and then see how it effects you for the next 2 days).  I didn't notice any digestive effects, but I did have a brand new zit on my chin when I woke up this morning.  Related?  Maybe.

I also made these last night:
Recipe can be found here:
http://paleomg.com/strawberry-rhubarb-mini-pies/

The only off-plan ingredients are raw honey and vanilla extract.  These little gems have no added sugar (just the honey) and yet are delicious and sweet!  I ate 3 of them and haven't had that usual sugar overload feeling that I normally have when I eat sweets.  I consider these a "guilt-free treat".  Key word being "treat".  These were baked for a special occasion for a special person.  These will not be a weekly (or even monthly) treat.  

The only other thing I've changed since finishing my first Whole30 is that I eat breakfast later in the day now.  I tried to be compliant the entire 30 days and eat my breakfast within 1-2 hours after I woke up, but it was a struggle to get food down that early.  I feel so much better when I eat about 4 hours after I get up.  I think I eat more (calories/fat...etc) this way too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment