DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 30!!!!

Well, it's Day 30!  This really went by fast and was about 100 times easier than I expected it to be.  It really has changed my life!  As I type this, I am drinking an iced coffee.  BLACK!  Me, drinking coffee without anything in it!  30 days ago, I would have had a little coffee with my milk & honey.  

Husband, who was sooooo worried in the first week that he might not lose any weight, told his friend yesterday (when asked if he'd lost any weight): "it's not about losing weight".  Seriously?! Did he really say that?!  Yes, he did!  He's most impressed with not feeling tired & bloated after he eats and his gains at CrossFit.  I'm very proud of him!  

We are getting our scale back from the neighbor tonight and we'll be weighing ourselves tomorrow morning.  I'm excited about it, but more excited that I had to buy new pants in a size I haven't seen in years!  I'm also excited that we both want to keep our Whole30 going.  I am making some paleo "treats" for a special occasion this week and we will be traveling back home to Wisconsin next week, where we might have some small indulgences, but I think we'll start another Whole30 on or around August 18th when we return.

I think to keep myself from off-roading too much over the next 10 days, I will stick to mostly paleo.  No dairy (except maybe to experiment and see how it affects me), no grains, no sugar or artificial sweeteners (will have some local raw honey in my paleo treats), and no legumes.  I will have some gluten free alcoholic beverages while we are in Wisconsin though :)
image courtesy of  http://vegasspiritsongandy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment