DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Thursday, August 2, 2012

Measuring Up

Yesterday was our 6 week measurement day.  Every six weeks my friend and I take each others measurements and write them down to compare.  This time I lost: 

1/2" at my waist (for a total of 1-1/2" in the last 12 weeks) 
1-1/4" at my hips (3" total)
1" and 3/4" around my thighs (they didn't change last time)  
3/4" around each arm (1-1/4" total).

My hips actually measure around my "pooch", which is what I call that bubble below my belly button.  I really had wondered if it was shrinking because, well it's still there.  But obviously, as I have lost 3" in that region, it really is shrinking!  

I'm glad that I measured, even though its technically a no-no during the Whole30, because now no matter what the scale says next week, I can be nothing but happy.  

Here's my dinner from last night.  Not a great pic, but it's a grass fed hamburger, grilled with onions, tomato and cucumber on top, covered in home made paleo mayo.  Served with sweet potato fries (peeled, wedged sweet potatoes tossed in oil and sprinkled with s&p.  Baked to perfection).



No comments:

Post a Comment