DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tip of the Day #2

Today's Tip:

Get yourself some Larabars.  Check the ingredients if you are doing the Whole30 because some of them have peanuts, honey or other non-compliant ingredients.  I buy a lot of the apple pie, blueberry muffin, pecan pie and key lime pie bars.  My favorite is the Pecan Pie.  These bars taste like you're cheating.  Seriously, they are delicious. The ingredients are: Dates, Pecans & Almonds.  That's it!  But, don't go hog wild and eat several of them a day.  That would be stupid.  Just keep them around for when you want something sweet or "dessert" (be careful of enabling old habits during your Whole30 though!).  I like to keep one in my desk or purse for days when I get stuck at work late or just have hard time making it from breakfast to lunch without snacking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment