DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Friday, July 13, 2012

Whole30 Day 5!

So far, this seems almost too easy.  Yeah, I've had a few sugar cravings, but nothing I couldn't get over in less than 5 minutes.  Husband says he feels about the same other than a few changes in his bathroom habits.  He did say he felt like he didn't have the energy to do his CrossFit WOD on Wednesday, but that was to be expected in the first week.  He also really misses chewing gum.

I had posted the first 2 days of my food/mood log on the Whole9 Life Forum and a moderator commented and said I wasn't eating enough fat.  So, I need to focus on that for sure (and lay off the larabars).

I can't really say there is any particular food that I am craving or missing right now.  Although, our office has an annual BLT Day party where we eat BLTs made with one of our Owner's fresh grown tomatoes.  Nikki & I are both a little bummed that we can't eat the bacon, but I've vowed to come up with something really awesome to bring for us to eat and we'll eat tomatoes & lettuce!

Also, Nikki & I have survived 2 days of fresh popcorn being popped in our office without eating any!  The first day was much harder than the 2nd.

I'm a little nervous about the weekend.  Husband and I tend to go out with friends and eat bad food and drink alcohol on the weekends.  We'll have to find other ways to entertain ourselves this weekend.  I know we won't fall our bikes,  but it's definitely easier to stay on track when you have a schedule.

See ya'll Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment