DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Monday, July 16, 2012

Holy Crap! It's Day 8 Already!


Saturday morning Husband woke up craving cappuccino.  So, I did what any great wife would do and and starting searching the Whole9 Forum for ideas.  That's when I found this!  I beat full fat coconut milk with vanilla, cinnamon & nutmeg until it was thick and creamy.  Then I put a giant glob of it on top of our coffee.  ZOMG!  Delicious!!!!!!!!!  I stored the leftover flavored cream in a container in the fridge and used it the next day (even better!)  

Saturday night we went to the movie theater to see Brave.  I took my big purse and carried in 2 bottles of water and some plain almonds (please don't call the police).  I had never eaten plain almonds before and I didn't realize that are actually sweet.  I am really proud that both of us made it past the concession stand without popcorn or Pepsi!!!!

We did have banana "ice cream" at 10:00 Saturday night as a treat.  I realize that probably wasn't a brilliant idea at 10:00pm, but at least it was W30 compliant and had plenty of fat in it to go with the sugar of the bananas!  ps.  I added a little vanilla to the "ice cream" mix.

I spent a total of about 6 hours in the kitchen on Sunday.  I cut up tons of fresh veggies and I made boiled eggs, deviled eggs, chicken in the crockpot, chicken salad, buffalo chicken, ground beef & cabbage, and an egg & sausage scramble.  Husband cooked a beef brisket on the grill and I attempted (and failed) to make homemade cocktail sauce.  I also made a new mayo recipe.  When Husband tasted it he said "now THAT'S mayo!"  
Check out these "rainbow carrots" that I got at the Farmer's Market!
Overall, week 1 went by fast and wasn't as bad as I expected.  The weekend wasn't as difficult to navigate as I thought it would be (although our eating schedules are always off on the weekends due to Husband working 3rd shift).  He said he had a ton of energy last night at work and I feel like a million bucks today!  


No comments:

Post a Comment