DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Tuesday, July 10, 2012

On a roll...

Wheeew!  Made it through Day 1!

We ran out of the amazing ranch dressing already!  I did bring some to work to share and Husband ate some veggies dipped in it and we had some on our salads last night and that's it... it's gone :(  I'm making more tonight :)


I forgot to mention some other prepping that I had done.  There was a post on the Whole9 Facebook Page regarding ways to kick your gum habit.  It looked like this:

Successfully kicked your gum habit? Share your best tips and tricks. Here is #Whole30 expert Bethann Mathews' gum-free solution: peppermint iced tea! 

"4 bags Meijer Organics (or your brand of choice) peppermint tea + 1 quart of water in a saucepan + a 2-quart pitcher, 1/4 full of ice and cold water.

Bring the water in the sauce pan to a boil. Add the tea bags, turn off the burner, and put a lid on the pan. Let steep for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags. Pour the hot tea into the ice water in the bottom of your pitcher. Add more cold water to make 2 quarts. Refrigerate. I drink this all day long. It helps me stay properly hydrated without any artificial anything and without sugar, and makes my breath fresh too!"


So, I bought some peppermint tea and followed the instructions above.  Husband and I both like it (his gum addiction is MUCH more serious than mine).  I also tried this method with Rooibos Red Tea.  It was awful.  My next pitcher was Yogi Energy Green Tea.  It is mild and I like it.  Husband hasn't tried it yet.


This morning I made a batch of sausage/egg scramble (1lb of grassfed breakfast sausage with 7 eggs).  This works really well for reheating.  Here's what my breakfast looked like:
As I was eating my steamed broccoli & cauliflower, all I could
think was "I'm ONLY doing this because of Whole30"
I hope those thoughts change by the end of this program...
So... how did day 1 go?  I think it went OK.  I felt hungry most of the day and had 2 Larabar snacks between meals (one between breakfast & lunch and one between lunch & dinner).  I feel like the sugar dragon probably got a win on that one, but I will do better today.  I definitely need to concentrate on eating enough and eating the right things at my meals so that I can make it from one meal to the next.  

BRING IT, DAY 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment