DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Stuffed Peppers!


I made stuffed peppers!  First I made the marinara sauce in the The Paleo Recipe Book.  Then I fried 1lb of grassfed ground beef with about 1/2lb of grass fed pork sausage.  I mixed just enough of the marinara sauce into the meat to make it stick together.  I actually made the sauce on Sunday, the meat mix on Monday and then the peppers on Tuesday night.  I cut the tops off of the peppers and took the seeds out.  Then I boiled them for about 10 minutes.  I took them out of the boiling water and then stuffed them with the meat mix and poured more marinara sauce over the top.  Then I baked them for about 45 minutes at 350.  They were delicious!  I still have marinara sauce left, so come back later in the week to see how my turkey "pizza" burgers turn out!

Before baking

No comments:

Post a Comment