DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Monday, July 23, 2012

Halfway!!!

It's Day 15!  And today was BLT day at work.  There was over 70lbs of bacon on the premises and I couldn't eat one. single. piece.  Between that today and Saturday night's wine tasting fundraiser event that I volunteered for, I've had a pretty tempting few days over here!  I made through both events without cheating though.  I think it will be all downhill from here!

I asked Husband yesterday if he was feeling hungry and/or deprived at all.  His response "No, not at all.  In fact, I don't even think about food like I used to.  But, I do miss my beer".  I told him that if he had such an emotional attachment to his beer, these 30 days might do him some good in that department :)  Everyone keeps asking is if it's hard, and we both agree that it's not hard.

Here's what I've been eating:


Day 12 ~ Friday, July 20
Up at 5:00, 30 minutes of kickboxing
SKIPPED COFFEE (again)!!!
6:00 - Smoothie: 1C. fresh spinach, 1/2 frozen banana, hand full of frozen blueberries, 1/2 can of coconut milk, splash of vanilla, 1 raw egg
8:00 - Tazo Awake Black Tea
11:30 - Salad w/oil&vinegar, melons, shrimp & scallops on hibachi grill
We were running errands for work and my co-worker wanted to eat at the hibachi grill.  I couldn't get the man at the grill to tell me what is in the garlic sauce and I needed my protein, so I just went with it.  Sure hope there wasn't anything nasty in there!  I didn't eat much... 
2:00 - pistachios
7:30 - Chicken Salad
8:30 - Almonds (We went to see the Dark Knight Rises)



Day 13 ~ Saturday, July 21
Up at 6:00
Coffee w/ coconut Milk
8:30 - 2 eggs fried in coconut oil w/ Wholly Salsa
2:30 - Chicken & Veggies
4:00 - Banana Ice Cream w/Blueberries added!
8:30 - 2 mini burger patties, grapes, melons (This was the only thing served at the wine tasting that I could eat!)



Day 14 ~ Sunday, July 22
Up at 7:30 (long night Saturday night!)
9:30 - Sweet Potato Fritters with 2 fried eggs, grapes, sausage
11:30 - Veggies & Ranch, Baked Chicken Thigh
5:45 - Pistachios, 1/2 apple pie larabar
7:30 - Pork Loin Slowcooked w/ applesveggies & dip


No comments:

Post a Comment