DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Whole30 Day 10

It's Day 10!  After today, I will be 1/3 of the way through it!  I have to say, our meals have been pretty exciting.  Husband says he could eat like this forever, but he wants his beer back ;)  I've been thinking about what foods I will add back in and what foods I won't (it's a little early for that, I know).  I could really live without grains in my life.  But I want my raw honey back, along with maybe a little cheese and ice cream.  I quit drinking dairy milk and eating yogurt a while ago, but just a little cheese now and then would be alright (I think).  We leave for Wisconsin 3 days after our Day 30, so I am afraid we will end up adding too much back in at once.  But, we'll cross that bridge a little later.  First, we have 20 more days to enjoy!

TWO people have asked me how much weight I've lost!  My answer is: "I don't know, I haven't been weighing myself".  I know the Whole30 is not about weight loss.  I have a formal event coming up this weekend and I was trying on dresses for it.  Just for fun,  I put my old prom dress on.  It actually FIT! So, that goes to show that my body has changed (no matter what the scale would say).  

I feel pretty energetic lately.  Still have some occasional afternoon slumps, but not at all as bad as they used to be!  

I do feel like I am not eating enough.  I am hungry, but when I sit down to eat, I just can't get through my whole plate.  I'm not sure what's up this, but I am hoping that it's just my body adjusting to reading REAL hunger signals and know how much food it REALLY needs.  I'm trying not to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment