DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tune-up Progress


I didn't post last week because both my partner and I had GAINED!  I was too embarrassed to post about it.  But this week, I am down 3.8 lbs from last week (I honestly can't remember what my starting weight was, so, I'm not sure where I am at overall).  I gave up on the tone-up challenge.  Honestly, I have the attention span of a flea and can't stand to do the same thing day after day after day.  I need some variety!  I found this little gem of a workout from Prevention on Pinterest and I am doing it with a friend at work.  We walk at home in the morning before work and then get together at lunch and do the quick strength portion of the workout.  We top it off by sprinting around the block!  This is a 14 day thing, so I think my attention span will hold that long ;)  I have thought about picking the tone-up challenge back up a couple of days a week, but so far the Prevention 14-day workout is keeping me sore enough.

My partner and I had taken our measurements 6 weeks ago and finally re-measured last night.  In 6 weeks I lost 1-3/4" around my hips and 1" around my waist.  My thighs are unchanged and I lost 1/2" around each arm.  I'm thrilled with these results!  I can't wait to see what happens in 6 more weeks (I'll be nearing the end of my Whole30).  I'm hoping for some results at my thighs next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment