DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Wednesday, June 20, 2012

12 Weeks!!!!

Monday was 12 weeks since I started this blog and got serious about Paleo.  I'd like to take a look back and see what good has come of this.  What progress have I made?

Since starting this blog I have:

  • Lost over 5% of my body weight (   I know that the scale isn't the best indicator of health, but I am a lover of hard data and numbers!)
  • Had to put several items of clothing away because they are too big (people commented on them being too baggy, so I quit wearing them!)
  • Have had very few episodes of the crippling GI problems that I was dealing with since November 2011.  The episodes I have had were much less painful and didn't last as long
  • Planned my meals for the entire week for the last 7 weeks and now have a LOT less stress about what to make for dinner and I make smarter choices!
  • Convinced my husband that Paleo is the way to go (he loves it!)
  • Learned that I like some things I had never tried (guacamole, zucchini, cabbage, coconut milk...etc.)
  • Discovered and decided to start the Whole30 program with my husband in July
  • Learned all sorts of things about how food & exercise affects your body (scientifically)


No comments:

Post a Comment