DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Tuesday, September 18, 2012

upcoming book review!

Remember when I told you about the great myKitchen app from the Food Lovers Primal Palate?  Well, I've been selected to review their new cookbook Make it Paleo!  I'm so excited!  This cookbook has over 200 grain-free recipes in it and I can't wait to start making some of them.  The book should arrive within a week and I'm sure I'll get to cooking right away!  

Sidenote: Tomorrow marks 30 days since Husband and I started our second Whole30.  We haven't been nearly as strict as we were the first time around.  We've both had some alcohol and haven't stressed out too much over what kind of oil our dinner  might have been cooked in when we dine out.  But, we have gone 30 days without eating any grains, sugar, dairy or legumes (knowingly).  I plan to continue until October 6th when our friends are finished with their first Whole30!  Our other friends are finishing their first Whole30 up in a week!  It's really great to see other people (that we personally know and love) gain from this program. Things like:
  • learning to cook
  • having more energy
  • finding that they CAN live without bread and pasta after all
  • finding it easier to make healthy choices (even when surrounded by unhealthy options)  
  • losing belly bloat
  • finding new foods to love
This list could go on and on, but I digress.  For more stories about how the Whole30 has changed lives check out the testimonials on the Whole9 website or the Whole30/Whole9 Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment