DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Thursday, September 13, 2012

Baked Salmon with Asparagus & Roasted Beets



This is another recipe from The Paleo Recipe Book (Page 140).  I'll just go ahead and say that these e-books are worth the price.  It's $27 for 5 e-books.  The main recipe book has over 370 recipes in it and when you add the recipes from the dessert book and quick & simple book, you have about 400 recipes!  It also includes the meal plan and the herbs & spices guide.  When I first purchased it, I was a little intimidated by some of the ingredients, but I've been spending a lot of time in my kitchen lately and have become more confident and comfortable in there.  

It's really simple and I would have never guessed that these flavors would work so well together!  
For each serving, lay out a piece of aluminum foil (be generous with the size).  Then lay 4 asparagus springs with the white part cut off on each piece of foil.  Top with one diced beet (I actually used 1-1/2 beets per serving because that's what I had).  Next place your 4-6oz salmon filet on top of the beets (be sure to purchase wild caught salmon).  Top the filet with a tablespoon of cooking fat (I used clarified butter) and a teaspoon of chopped dill (I used fresh).

Next, fold the foil to make a packet and put foil packets on a baking sheet.  Place them in your preheated oven on 500 degrees.  The recipe said to cook them 10 minutes for each inch of thickness of fish and to keep checking them so that you don't overcook the fish.  Mine took 30 minutes.

This recipe was delicious!!!!  Husband, who doesn't even like salmon, ate it!  He said the beets made it taste better!

No comments:

Post a Comment