DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tip of the Day #5

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I have a few recipes to share, but just no time for that right now.  Hopefully later this week!  So here's a tip:

Save all glass jars, large or small and everything in between.  I get my freeze dried dill and chives in these little 0.3oz jars:
Image credit: Lighthouse Foods
http://litehousefoods.stores.yahoo.net/freezdriedhe.html 
I've saved the jars because when I clarify one half pound of Kerry Gold pastured butter, it fits perfectly in this little jar.  I keep it next to the stove with the lid closed.  I also keep pickle jars, sun dried tomato jars, jam jars, salsa jars and their lids.  The salsa jars work great for portioning out my homemade chicken soup for lunches!  Also, when I open a can of coconut milk, I pour it into a glass jar with a lid and keep it in fridge to use in our coffee...etc.  When I make a batch of mayo or ranch... you guess it.  I keep it in a jar.  I recycle any plastic jars that I have, but the glass ones are great for reusing over and over!

No comments:

Post a Comment