DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pizza Muffins

I have hesitated to try anything in the nature of "paleo pizza" because I am afraid it will make me want the real thing.  See, pizza is was one of my very favorite foods!  I love a Pizza Hut Pan Meatlover's!  But, I haven't had real pizza in several months.  And now that I know how gluten and dairy make me feel, I'll probably never eat real pizza again.  For the most part, I am ok with this, but there are times that I would really like to taste pizza again.  So... when I stumbled across this recipe for Pizza Muffins from Civilized Caveman Cooking, I was hesitant to try it.  


I did change up the original recipe a little by adding some pizza sausage toppings to the recipe.  Also, I feel like I didn't chop the sun-dried tomatoes enough and I need to cut them smaller next time.

The combination of the egg and the almond flour in this recipe gives a moist crispiness that is reminiscent of the pan pizza crust from Pizza Hut.  This recipe makes 7 muffins.  I had 3 polished off in a matter of minutes. Husband acted like he didn't like them, but then ate the 4 remaining muffins.  This recipe takes barely any time at all to make and uses mostly ingredients that I normally have on hand.


Ingredients
• 3 Large Eggs
• 2 Tsp Coconut Oil
• 1 Tbsp Ghee (I used butter)
• 2 Tbsp Coconut Milk
• 1/4 Tsp Salt
• 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
• 1/3 Cup Almond Flour
• 1/4 Cup Pepperoni (I cut mine up into quarters)
(optional) handful of sausage pizza toppings (found with the refrigerated meats/cold cuts)
• 1/4 Cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes (I chopped mine up, but not small enough)
• 2 Tbsp yellow onion, diced
• 1/8 Tsp Garlic Powder
• 1/8 Tsp Oregano
• 1/8 Tsp Basil

Process
1. Preheat your oven to 400 Degrees F
2. Mix together your eggs, oil, ghee, milk, salt, and vanilla
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, spices, and baking powder
4. Add your flour mixture to your egg mixture and mix until there are no lumps left
5. Fold in your vegetables and pepperoni
6. Pour into 7 lined cupcake pan and bake for 15 minutes
7. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment