DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Thursday, October 25, 2012

Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes


I came across this pumpkin pancake recipe on this "Everything Pumpkin" post from PaleOMG.  It's a collection of 19 paleo pumpkin recipes!  Can you say "heaven"?!  Do check it out!  

I had a little canned pumpkin left in the fridge that needed to be used up and I was looking for comfort food.  This hit the spot!

Ingredients
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
1-2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
2 Tbsp Butter or Coconut oil, melted
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup (this optional!  I used maple syrup)
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp Cinnamon
pinch of Salt

Directions
1. Whisk eggs, pumpkin, vanilla & maple syrup together.
2. Sift pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon & baking soda into the wet ingredients.
3. Melt 2 Tbsp of butter and add into batter.
4. If your batter appears too thin (mine was), add coconut flour. Start with 1 Tbsp and mix well.  Add more  if needed.
5. Heat skillet over medium heat and add grease.
6. Spoon batter onto skillet (I used a 1/3 cup for each pancake).  Once bubbles start to form, flip cake and cook a few minutes on other side.  
7. Serve with desired toppings.  I used butter and a small drizzle of pure maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment