I came across this pumpkin pancake recipe on this "Everything Pumpkin" post from PaleOMG. It's a collection of 19 paleo pumpkin recipes! Can you say "heaven"?! Do check it out!
I had a little canned pumpkin left in the fridge that needed to be used up and I was looking for comfort food. This hit the spot!
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
1-2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
2 Tbsp Butter or Coconut oil, melted
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup (this optional! I used maple syrup)
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp Cinnamon
pinch of Salt
1. Whisk eggs, pumpkin, vanilla & maple syrup together.
2. Sift pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon & baking soda into the wet ingredients.
3. Melt 2 Tbsp of butter and add into batter.
4. If your batter appears too thin (mine was), add coconut flour. Start with 1 Tbsp and mix well. Add more if needed.
5. Heat skillet over medium heat and add grease.
6. Spoon batter onto skillet (I used a 1/3 cup for each pancake). Once bubbles start to form, flip cake and cook a few minutes on other side.
7. Serve with desired toppings. I used butter and a small drizzle of pure maple syrup.