- Eat 125-150g of protein/day - I've actually come back to and am still working on this one. I started tracking my intake again about 6-7 weeks ago and found that I was getting around 70g of protein a day. I have since upped my protein to at least 100g/day and increased my calories as well.
- Eat 20-25g fiber/day - I don't find this one to be as important anymore, but I've been getting anywhere from 15 to 20g/day
- get most (if not all) of my carbs from fruits & veggies -I've done spectacular on this (especially since doing Whole30s)! I do go through stages where I eat some candy or honey, but most days my only carb sources are fruits & veggies (including starches like sweet potatoes!). I have allowed for rice ocassionally when dining out.
- continue to avoid artificial sweeteners -This is a no-brainer. I don't use any artificial sweeteners or drink or eat anything with them in it. I'd rather have refined sugar than artificial, but I mostly opt for fruit or honey for sweetening.
- continue trying new foods -Yep! Still trying new things all the time :)
- feel good about the changes I am making :) -Totally!
- read new material about paleo every day (this should be an easy one!) -Everyday I read material about nutrition and health both on the internet and in books. I'm currently reading The End of Overeating by David A. Kessler, MD as well as Primal Body - Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudas. Both are great reads!!!!
|October 2011 August 2012 February 2013|
So, here are some new goals:
- Continue to PR at CrossFit and my 5ks
- Keep trying new food
- Keep educating myself and keeping an open mind about nutrition and health
- Keep inspiring others to take control of their own health through nutrition & fitness
So... that's it folks! It's been a great year and I look forward to many many more! Thanks for hanging out with me this year!