DESCRIPTION

Through the Paleo diet/lifestyle and the Whole30 my family, friends and I are becoming healthier! We are getting to our healthy weights, moving more, sleeping better and have better energy. We are suffering fewer mild medical issues and are just overall feeling better every day!

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen these days. We cook and enjoy a lot of great food that's both tasty and healthy. I hope you'll find some recipes here that you'll enjoy!


Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fajitas!

I tried this fajita recipe from Paleo Effect last night and all I can say is....


....................................................................................................... WOWSERS!


That's some good stuff!  The meat had so much flavor and was so tender.  The one thing I did differently was letting the seasonings sit on the steak overnight.  I put the adobo seasoning, salt, vinegar, pepper, lime juice, cumin & garlic on the meat and rubbed it in before work in the morning.  Then I wrapped the meat up in 2-3 layers of plastic wrap and threw it back in the fridge until after work.  I also left the mushrooms & cilantro out (personal preference).  I overcooked the veggies a little and under-cooked the meat a little, but the taste was PHENOMENAL!  I cooked the meat 5 minutes on each side, but my flank steak was a little thick in the middle, so next time I'll go about 7 minutes on each side.  The pieces were still a little pink in the middle.

I apologize for not taking any pictures.  I was hungry and it was Husband's birthday, so I was busy preparing dinner and dessert.  

No comments:

Post a Comment